Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Homemade Nativity Christmas Tree Decoration
three wooden clothespins (I couldn't find the rounded top ones, the flat top ones work fine)
three scraps of material different colors of your choosing
skin tone paint
other acrylic paints that match material you chose
blush or red chalk
hot glue gun
wooden star painted yellow
1. cut one clothespin the size you want the baby with the hand saw.
2. paint all heads skin tone.
3. paint the two large clothespins desired colors. Paint wooden star.
4. cut fabric to a size that fits the clothespin (a little longer than the clothespin and about three inches wide )
5. when paint is dry, glue fabric to clothespins. Apply glue on top of head and to the sides and where ever else you figure it needs.
6. once all figures are clothed, cut the jute twine into the length you desire, remembering to leave extra room for a knot at the top and to be glued between Mary and Joseph. Tie a know about an inch and a half from the top of the twine. Glue painted star on the knot.
7. glue the twine between Mary and Joseph, leaving room for an opening so the decoration can hang on a tree.
8. put lots of glue where baby Jesus is to be glued (but not too much that it will show).
9. some glue may need to be applied to the back. Try to do so in a manner that you can pull the fabric over to hide the glue.
10. draw on eyes. Put blush on cheeks with a cotton swab.