Monday, October 3, 2011

Harvest Blessings Burlap Sign

I have been busy decorating for the Canadian Thanksgiving that is going to be a week from now, October 10. I love using burlap for fall decorating. I made a stencil using Cricut cartridges. The word "harvest" was cut out from the Country Life cartridge, and "blessings" was cut from the "Beyond Birthdays" cartridge. I used the same stamp method that I used to paint my wood planters. For the tutorial CLICK HERE.

I used a plate frame to put the sign in. I cut the burlap to fit - a layer of quilting batting - and a piece of heavy cardboard for the back. I snipped off a sunflower and leaves to dress up the bottom and I had a nice fall decor done in about 30 minutes - including drying time.  

I have more fall decor posts on there way so stay tuned and thanks for stopping by!
Linking up to...

1 comment:

  1. I love this and what I really love is that you made it on burlap, the texture brings so much warmth to the piece! I bet you have the cutest home!

    ReplyDelete