Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Break Glass In Case of Emergency - Gift Idea

I saw this idea on Pinterest - but I can't give credit to the proper person as the link did not have a link. Please let me know if you are the genius behind this idea so I can give you the proper credit. I wanted to make this for my hubby to put in his "man cave" and I still plan to do that - but this one I made for my nephew who apparently loves Pepsi. 

Supplies - I used a wooden plaque from the dollar store, and a photo cube - also from the $ store. After I painted the wood black - I adhered the cube to the wood with epoxy glue. I adhered it so that I could add/remove the can of pop. I used the mini can that fit in the cube. I glued glass marbles to the bottom. I printed the "Break Glass in Case of Emergency" on a sticker sheet and stuck it to the wood. Very simple and very effective - it made for a good laugh at the birthday party - and I think a perfect idea for a teenage boy. There are so many things you can put in one of these. There are also shadow boxes at some $ stores that you could put chocolate or other items in. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up to...

Lil Luna
Gingersnap Crafts
Tatertots and Jello

5 comments:

  1. Ha, ha! Love this! Just visting from Tatertots and Jello :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.
    Gift Ideas For Boy

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that is a brilliant idea!! i will def have to make this and instead of pepsi put a beer in it! LoL

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one Sue...so fun and you make it sound so simple!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog and all your ideas! I'm going to follow you! :^) patsy

    ReplyDelete