Friday, March 9, 2012

Paper Cupcake Gift Card Holder

I don't like giving "Just a Gift Card" for a present if I can help it. I am BIG on the presentation of the gift. I saw this sweet idea and needed to try it. There is a wonderful tutorial by "Fabulously Artsy" on how to make a paper cupcake gift card holder - CLICK HERE - to go to it. Basically, this cupcake is a decorated styrofoam ball (that is cut in half to slide the gift card into) in a homemade cupcake liner. I used some upholstery trim fabric for the icing on my cupcake and glued on miniature styrofoam balls for sprinkles instead of what the video shows- but really, the sky is the limit on what you can ice this cupcake with.

I bought a mini glass cake stand and dome to put the cupcake in. Some people at the birthday party
were not sure if it was a real cupcake or not. It looked pretty cool - and the birthday girl was tickled pink. This was a fun project to do!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linking up to...

Lil Luna

3 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! I don't like just giving a gift card either (usually I wrap it in a box so it looks like something else!) Totally love the colours you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow its fabulous birthday card. Its look so gorgeous. I like this amazing card. You have done fantastic post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have done great work...I don't like giving a gift card alone but choose a matching Gift Card envelopes for it.

    ReplyDelete