Welcome to my blog! With a new year upon us I thought it was time to freshen up our bulletin boards in Relief Society. I started with a blue cloth that was left at a Give and Take table we had. I painted on some darker blue acrylic paint to give it some spunk. The pictures of the bulletin board do not do it justice. The fabric looks rich and velvety.
We have a pouch for the newsletter and lesson outline schedule for the year. The border around the bulletin board is burlap ribbon I purchased at Michael's in the clearance section and I stapled lace over it. I was fortunate to have someone think of me when they were thinning out their sewing supplies and this lace was in that fantastic package.
The top portion of the bulletin board is a miniature gallery wall. The right corner has a round tin and I printed a Relief Society emblem to put in it. I inked the edges with brown ink to give it definition.
I had purchased a bunch of little clipboards years ago and thought they would be perfect for posters.
I added lace to each of the bottoms and tied lace and ribbon to the clips. I bought the middle "frame" from Michael's in the paper section. I inked the edges for dimension. Inside the frame is our Ward Relief Society focus for the year - united in the cause of Christ.
I made two embroidery hoop pictures to fill in the empty space. I found these at a second hand store for 25 cents. I printed off a banner, a triangle for the top of the house (with the same background paper I used for the banner) and a couple shapes with book page background for the house.
I sewed the edges and hot glued everything on the linen which is from a jacket I purchased dirt cheap at a second hand store. The heart I cut out of red felt. I tied two bows with jute and hot glued those on to give the impression the banner is tied with string.
We have two bulletin boards and the boards are pretty identical except that I made the embroidery hoop art a little different.
One of my pet peeves about bulletin boards is how messy push pins are. I saw an idea HERE for a tin tart pin cushion and so I followed those directions to make my push pin holder. I had tart tins on hand that I found at a second hand store, again for next to nothing. I hot glued tacks to the bottom so I could pin them to the board. I had to fix one of the push pin holders after a week. My guess is someone took it off the board to see how it was made and accidentally ripped off three of the tacks. They have been up for almost a month now and I haven't had any other issues.
Thanks for stopping by!